Youth Bowling Programs at Blackhawk Lanes
Did You Know?
Bowling is also America’s #1 participation activity with over 68 million American’s bowling each year. Bowling is a favorite with children/kids ages 4-18 with over 40% of that age group bowling at least once per year.
Our youth bowling coaches will teach your child the basics of bowling, a lifetime sport that provides over 3 million dollars per year in scholarship money to graduating seniors. The best part of many bowling scholarships is that they are based mostly on participation and not solely on talent. BEST OF ALL—NO ONE RIDES THE BENCH IN BOWLING!
Plus…Bowling is now the fastest growing high school sport in America.
Blackhawk Lanes Youth Leagues
- We run 3 sessions of 10 weeks each starting in late August, early November and late January. Bowl 1, 2 or all 3 sessions.
- We bowl on Mondays at 6pm
- The leagues are described below. Check with us for starting dates.
Pee Wee Bantam - Prep School Thru Grade School League
- Aimed at Pre-School, Kindergarten and Grade School ages. Bowlers will play 2 games a week in a singles format league.
Prep Junior Major - Middle and High School League
- Aimed at Middle School thru High School ages. Bowlers will play 3 games a week in a team format league.
Youth bowling at Blackhawk Lanes has a great tradition and we continue to provide a quality program with a quality staff. Certified Coaches, Awards after each session, Discounted Open Bowling Rates and Free Shoe Rental. Participation in the Pepsi USBC Youth Championships, Illinois USBC Youth State Team Tournament, Illinois State Youth Leaders Singles and Doubles Tournament and Illinois State Bowling Proprietors Association Storm Roto Grip Singles Tournament. Good clean fun for people age 19 and under in a tobacco and alcohol free environment.