Blackhawk Lanes offers youth bowling programs for youth bowlers of all ages. Our youth programs are listed below and you may sign up from the link below. We are also home to the Sterling High School Girl’s and Boy’s bowling teams and the Challand Middle School Bowling Club
Youth Sign Up
Coloma Park District Learn to Bowl Classes
This program is designed to teach the fundamentals of bowling to ages 6-12. It will cover all aspects of bowling, including physical skills, scoring, sportsmanship and rules. Program includes: instruction, hand-outs each week, an hour of time on the lanes each week and shoe rental. This program is offered in the Fall and Spring. Check ahead for actual dates.
- A typical session will include a video lesson along with discussion and a review of the previous week’s lesson
- Approximately 30 minutes of on lane instruction
- 1 game of bowling with coaching
- The maximum number of participants is 12 and the minimum number is 6
Middle School Bowling
Get your friends together and come join the fun!! Maybe even make a few new friends from other schools!
- Starts at the beginning of March
- Grades 5th - 8th
- Short 8 Week Program
- 4 Person Teams
- Practice and Matches are after school and 2 games each
- Bowl in Sterling, Mt. Morris, Dixon, and Freeport
- Be part of a team
- Prepare for high school bowling
- Only $80 includes bowling and t-shirt
10th Annual Summer Bowling Camp
- Includes daily launch and a t-shirt
- This 5 day camp is deal for middle to high school bowlers who are serious about the sport and looking to participate in competitive play.
- Runs from June 4th - June 8th
- 9am - 3pm
- Sterling, IL
- $170 cost
Blackhawk Lanes Youth Leagues
- We run 3 sessions of 11 weeks each starting in late August, early November and late January. Bowl 1, 2 or all 3 sessions.
- We bowl on Saturdays at 10:00 A.M.
- We start the season off with our Bowling Blastoff in middle August
- The leagues are described below. Check with us for starting dates.
Pee Wee Bowling Club - Bumper League
Aimed at Pre-School & Kindergarten ages. Bowlers use bumpers and bowl 2 games per week in a singles drop-in format league. Only $7.00 per week.
Bantam Prep - Grade School League
Aimed at Grade School ages. Bowlers will play 2 games a week in a team format league. Only $7.00 per week.
Prep Junior - Middle School League
Aimed at Middle School ages. Bowlers will play 3 games a week in a team format league. Only $10.00 per week.
Junior Major Senior
Aimed at bowlers in High School up to 19 years of age. Bowlers will play 3 games per week in a team league format. Only $10.00 per week.
The benefits of this program include:
Youth bowling at Blackhawk Lanes has a great tradition and we continue to provide a quality program with a quality staff. Certified Coaches, Youth Shirt, Awards after each session, Discounted Open Bowling Rates and Free Shoe Rental. Participation in the Pepsi USBC Youth Championships, Illinois USBC Youth State Team Tournament, Illinois State Youth Leaders Singles and Doubles Tournament and Illinois State Bowling Proprietors Association Storm Roto Grip Singles Tournament. Good clean fun for people age 19 and under in a tobacco and alcohol free environment.
Sunday Adult Youth League
One youth and one adult make up a team. Bowl every other Sunday for 8 times. Sessions start in late August and Early January. Check with us for starting dates.